Last updated on December 30, 2022
EAB and Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Who Is EAB? EAB Global, Inc. (together with its subsidiaries and its affiliates, including YouVisit, LLC and Cappex.com, LLC, “EAB”, “us,” “we,” and “our”) drives transformative change through data-driven insights in five major areas: enrollment; student success; data & analytics; institutional strategy; and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We partner with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results in the most pressing and complex issues facing colleges, universities, community colleges, K-12 school districts, independent schools, and graduate programs in the country. We also partner with more than 450 corporations to provide a collaboration platform among education and corporate leaders to address equity gaps.
The following privacy notices provide additional information about certain of EAB’s services:
Information That We Collect
EAB maintains websites that are generally accessible by the public. Our websites provide general information about our company and its products and services. Our websites also may contain information concerning employment opportunities and provide the opportunity for individuals to submit applications for open roles. We may do this directly or through third party vendors.
You can generally visit our websites without having to register or otherwise identify yourself. You may need to log in to make use of all the functionalities and be able to communicate with us or other EAB clients. For example, our website allows our clients’ registered users that subscribe to our research forums to access reports and other data. Our research forums may also provide additional functionality that registered users can access through our website.
We collect personal information in the following manner:
Directly from you: We collect certain personal information directly from you, including your name, email address, institution and role, and account credentials when you register on one or more of our websites. You also may provide personal information to us in connection with your use of the user forums, for example if you attend sessions or events, or if you link your LinkedIn or Twitter account with your EAB Research Forums account.
Sensitive Information. We may obtain information relating to your gender or gender identity, and information relating to your health, such as any disabilities, where we are permitted to do so by law or where you give your consent, as required by applicable law.
Third Party Integrations, Links and Features.You may connect third party integrations to your EAB account(s) (e.g., Google SSO), which may ask for certain permissions to send information to your EAB.com account. EAB’s use and transfer of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy. These third parties operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we suggest you review. To the extent any linked online service or third-party feature is not owned or controlled by EAB, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
We collect personal information in the following manner:
- Received directly from your institution: Depending on the products or services that EAB provides to your institution, we may collect the following types of identifiable information:
- Your name, email address, student ID, account credentials, course enrollment data, grades, and directory information.
- Application, enrollment and financial aid information.
- Other information directly from your institution or other third parties related to your enrollment or application status at your institution, or other institutions, or related to your success at your institution.
- Received directly from you: Depending on the EAB products and services you use or your institution uses, we may collect the following types of identifiable information:
- Your name, email address, and similar contact data when you provide or update this information in our products.
- Application and enrollment information.
- Your credentials for your institution’s systems account(s) to the extent our products integrate with such systems.
- Content that you enter directly into our products, including results of surveys or polls, notes and summaries, academic and career preferences.
- Indirectly from you: We collect information on your use of our products and services. Depending on the products and services you access or use, we may collect the following data categories indirectly from you:
How We Use and Disclose the Information That We Collect
We may share the categories of personal information we obtain about you (as described above) with the categories of third parties third parties listed in this section. EAB collects, retains, processes, uses, and transfers your personal information for the following purposes and to the following third parties:
- To Provide our Services. We use personal information that we collect in order to provide our services, including the EAB Research Forums service; verify the identity of users; communicate with users of our services; provide information about briefings, events, professional development sessions, and research collaboration opportunities; manage relationships with users of our services; provide support and troubleshooting services; and improve our services. We process personal information for these purposes because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
- Service Providers: We use service providers to help us provide our products and services to our clients and you or to perform work on our behalf. Where this requires access to personal information, we are responsible for the data privacy practices of the service providers. Our service providers are not allowed to use personal information they access or receive from us for any other purposes than as needed to carry out their work for us. Examples of our service providers include data storage providers, analytics platform providers, survey providers, third party payment providers, print shops.
- Record Keeping. We use personal information that we collect for our internal record keeping purposes, and for accounting, audit and other internal functions.
- On behalf of your institution: For end users of institutions that use our products, we use your information on behalf of and under the instruction of your institution, which is the data controller. We share the information that we collect in accordance with our agreement with your institution. Your institution determines how your information is used.
- Product enhancements and research: To the extent permitted by applicable law or by our agreement with your institution, we may also use:
- Your personal information to evaluate and improve our products and services to develop new products and services;
- To tailor your experience on our websites; and/or
- De-identified information for research or business purposes like providing similarly-situated institutions a benchmarking data report on completion rates or class size.
- Client engagement and marketing: EAB uses your information for client engagement and marketing purposes in limited circumstances, including:
- To manage the client relationship, including for invoicing, notification of product updates and maintenance, and similar purposes.
- To promote EAB’s products and services.
- To share with EAB’s subsidiaries or affiliates. For example, information from a participant in a research webinar may be shared with our advancement affiliate to send services and other promotional communications to you.
We do not disclose personal information about students that we collect through the provision of our educational products and services to third parties for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
Our marketing emails will include a link so that you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email footer.
- Other types of uses and disclosures: We will also use and share your information to the extent required or appropriate in the following circumstances:
- For EAB Research Forums users, to other users of the EAB Research Forums service.
- To industry associations and other businesses with which EAB co-hosts events, if you chose to participate.
- To comply withlegal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
- To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
- To process transactions when you use our services to make a deposit to one of our clients, we will share your payment and transaction data with third party payment processors.
- To carry out operational tasks for legitimate business purposes.
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
EAB’s products and services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information upon request. Please contact us at [email protected] if you believe we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13 without proper consent.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, for more information about your privacy rights, please see the EAB Privacy Notice for California Residents here, or the Privacy Notice for California Residents available on our service-specific privacy notices linked above.
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, you may have the right to request:
- that we provide you with access to the personal information collected about you;
- that we provide a copy of your personal information to you in a portable format;
- that we correct or update your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated and that you are not otherwise able to update via your profile;
- that we delete your personal information;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties; or
- to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising.
You may also have the right to appeal our decision with respect to a request you have submitted here.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above in relation to your personal information, please submit a request to EAB by clicking here. Prior to fulfilling your request, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please click here.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us.
We employ a variety of physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to protect personal information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
Specific Regional & Country Information
EAB is not established in the European Union (“EU”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”); however, in certain limited circumstances, we may be subject to the General Data Protection Regulation or the Data Protection Act of 2018 (collectively, “GDPR”).
EAB’s Privacy Notice for individuals in the EU and UK can be found here.
If you are a California resident and are an end user of EAB.com or EAB Research Forums, please see the EAB California Privacy Notice here.
If you are a California resident and are an end user of the YouVisit Virtual Tour Program or Cappex, please see the California Privacy Notice linked to the applicable Privacy Notice.
If you are a job applicant to EAB, please see the California Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.
EAB Global, Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
2445 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037